Rush 72 Backpack now in Sandstone, the base colour for MTP/Multicam making this an ideal budget alternative!
Sized for a three-day excursion
The 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 Rucksack comes with two large compartments and a compression strap system that allows expandability depending upon how much gear you carry.
The front section includes an organiser panel with two zippered mesh compartments; a large zippered pocket, a key fob and radio/magazine pockets with hook and loop straps. The main compartment has three mesh zippered pockets and a separate large cinch pocket. There are two full-length side pockets that can handle a variety of different items including large water bottles.
The top has a separate fleece lined eyeglass pocket and a smaller external zippered gear pocket. It also features added molle-compatible webbing to the front and side of the pack, allowing you to attach a host of different accessory pouches. The padded shoulder straps also have molle-compatible webbing along with an adjustable sternum strap. The padded waist straps can be stowed away in hidden pockets and the padded back allows ventilation for those long hikes.
5.11 Tactical have also included a reinforced hydration pocket that allows you to add a hydration bladder for immediate access to water. They finished the backpack off with a heavy-duty, nylon carry handle at the top.
Constructed of water-resistant 1050-denier nylon, this pack is built to last. Quality YKK® zippers are used throughout and the high-impact plastic clips remain stable in all temperatures. Once you have got the pack adjusted to your size, you will be able to secure the ends of all straps with elastic keepers.
This carrier features the SlickStick™ molle-attachment system. Slickstick™ pouches are compatible with standard molle attachment systems, yet functions like none other. The Slickstick™ slides through a UV-resistant ring making it easier to arrange and attach your pouches and other gear. Slickstick attaches like a normal molle attachment, but it slides to make it easier. To remove an item, just pop the snap and pull the stick out.
These are high-end bergans with a low-end price. Practical design with a comprehensive feature set makes them excellent value.
- Capacity: 47 Litres
- 3 H x 15 W x 8 D
- Water-resistant 1050-denier nylon
- Flexible main storage compartments
- Internal dividers
- Compression straps
- Hydration pocket
- Fleece lined eyewear pocket
- Sternum straps
- Molle-compatible webbing on front and sides
- Elastic keeper for strap ends
- Name tape and flag holder
- Built-in hip pads
- Adjustable waistband
- YKK® zippers
|Shipping weight in kg||2.4300|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||£140.00|
- 1050D nylon with water-repellent PUx2 coating on main body
- 210D 118T water-repellent PUx2 coating on inside pocket flaps and pocket bags
Features & Benefits:
- Adjustable, dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps with Duraflex(TM) hardware
- Closed-cell foam back padded hydration pocket with two back-to-back zippered pull tabs
- Nametape and flag holders
- Generous web-platform on three sides with additional attachment points
- Top grab handle
- Features a large main compartment
- Three mesh interior organizing pockets
- One fabric pocket with zippered pull-cords
- One interior stuff-pocket with draw cord
- Two large metal grommet drainage holes on bottom of pack
- Large, external shove-it pocket
- Two exterior, side, gusseted zippered pockets
- Four compression strap (two each side)
- Top exterior crescent-shaped organization pocket with mesh interior zippered pocket
- Top, quick-access non-scratching fleece-lined sunglass pocket
- Exterior admin organizational pocket.
Full-size day pack with 23"H x 13.5"L x 8.5"D (2,639 cu in.) main compartment and numerous smaller individual pockets and pouches, several with zipper closures.
Stitching & Finishing:
Single and doubled-back edge stitching; single needle stitching throughout; Doubled-back single needle top stitching; bar tacks at stress points
Content/COO/Care loop label, Hangtag, Barcode Sticker.
- YKK® self-repairing nylon coil #8 and #10 zippers
- 1" Velcro® hook and loop closures
5.11 Tactical is the military brand of 5.11 Inc, an American manufacturer of tactical gear, tactical clothing & tactical equipment to police, fire/EMS military & outdoor enthusiasts.
5.11 are becoming increasingly well known in the UK and have received very good feedback on their military products, especially for price vs quality and performance. Their patrol packs / day sacks are comparable in quality and sophistication to Camelbaks such as the Motherlode, but significantly cheaper. Their patrol packs are very simply named (24,48,72 signifying the intended light infantry patrol length) and the larger packs bridge the gap between days sacks and bergans.
5.11 are innovators and have brought technology to the security sector from other areas. The 5.11 Tactical® Pants were originally developed for rock climbing for example, and the name “5.11” is a rock climbing difficulty level as listed in the Yosemite Decimal System. More immediate military design expertise comes from soldiers themselves. For example the Rush daysack is designed by SGM (Retd) Kyle E Lamb, late US SOF. It has been designed with field use in mind, with a number of thoughtful aspects to improve its utility.
For more comment and information about 5.11 products, the Army Rumour Service has a number of reviews by serving soldiers of 5.11 products, for example the Rush 24 daysack in Multicam.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)