This Tribe Ltd is dedicated to ensuring the highest quality customer service and this is extended to the way we handle your personal information. We comply with all necessary data protection legislation and adhere to the Information Commissioner's Office guidelines.
Here at This Tribe Limited ("This Tribe"/"we"/"us") we are committed to protecting your privacy online and ensure that you have full control over the information we store about you, and what types of information (if any) you would like to receive from us.
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you in the following situations while you use our website:
- When purchasing a product we need your name, address, e-mail address and ideally a contact telephone number for the delivery of the goods and communications with you about the delivery if necessary.
- When subscribing to our newsletter we collect your email address.
- When submitting a review, we collect an email address and name.
Information we collect when you visit our site, use our services or view our online advertisements:
- Statistical and technical information such as operating system or pages viewed, which contains no personal information, but allows us to optimize our services.
- Information which allows us to operate the standard online shop functions such as ensuring that the items in a shopping cart are still there when you move to another page of the website. This is essential to the function of the website and called 'session' management.
When you visit www.thistribe.com, we send one or more cookies to your web browser. A cookie is a small, harmless piece of information that is stored in your browser. Only the domain which set that cookie can access the information from it. (ie, other domains can't access cookies set by us and we can't access cookies set by others)
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|e-Commerce System cookies||
These cookies are set by our e-commerce system. They support account functions (login, logout etc) and provide shopping cart functionality.
For more information about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser's help menus or visit www.aboutcookies.org.
How we Use Information Collected
We may use information we collect about you to provide the services you request and to manage our site and records as well as to help us improve these services to you.
So that we can keep you informed of important administrative or service messages, we need to use your information to contact you, even where you have told us you do not wish to receive direct marketing.
The following are examples of how we may use your information:
- When we process an order for you
- So that we are able to contact you, if we need more information or if there are any changes to your order
- To send marketing and news emails, if you have opted in to these.
- To help us develop technology to better serve you in the future
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third-parties (except to the extent and the purpose that This Tribe Ltd may be required to do so by any law, legislation, enactment, safety reason, or for the fulfilment of this contract between us in order to satisfy your requirements, and to ensure that the disclosure is safe).
We would like to be able to share with you information about other products and services, special offers, exclusive fares and other news, so that you can take advantage of the best we can offer. Of course, we will only use your information in this way where you have given us the OK to do so.
- Where you have given us your consent This Tribe would like to keep in touch with you by post, phone and e-mail with account updates, news, special offers and promotions.
- You may opt-out of direct marketing by us at any time by contacting us or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
We share information only when necessary to complete your purchase transactions with us. This is necessary as we use 3rd party payment processors to ensure the highest financial security and payment processing efficiency. This is primarily SagePay, Lloyds TSB Cardnet and PayPal. Information shared is limited to that strictly necessary for the completion of a financial transaction as required by payment processors.
Your Information Security
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration, and ensure it is only accessible by those who have a business need.
What credit cards do we accept?
Is your credit card number secure online?
This Tribe and our payment processors use the latest SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which ensures that any communications between your computer and ourselves is unreadable by anyone else. Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format and we can check that the information has not been tampered with in any way.
Most browsers have some type of indicator to let you know if you have established a secure connection. If you are not sure, then consult the help section of your browser. If your browser does not support SSL technology then we recommend that you update to the latest version. This Tribe also uses 3D Secure which is a new technical standard developed by Visa and MasterCard which aims to further secure 'Card Not Present' (CNP) transactions over the Internet. This is the payment industry's internet authentication standard which has been developed by the major card schemes. Visa has called their version of the scheme 'Verified by Visa' and MasterCard have called their equivalent initiative 'MasterCard SecureCode'. These are both collectively referred to as 3D Secure which is the on-line equivalent of 'chip and pin'.
This Tribe does not store any credit card information. This is only held and processed by our payment processors. For the relevant privacy information please visit their websites:
How to Contact Us
We may also be contacted by telephone on 0845 0580550, or by post at 30 Upper High Street, Thame, OX9 3EZ.