The Snugpak Softie 6 Kestrel Sleeping Bag, the backbone of the British Royal Marines offensive in the gulf, no other privately purchased sleeping bag was as widely used in this conflict. Because of the excessive heat during the day and the heavy conflicts occuring they required a sleeping bag that was extremely lightweight and a compact pack size but with the ability to handle the sub zero temperatures of the desert nights.
- Snugfit Hood - The quilted top of the bag is tailored, pleated, and fitted with a drawcord so it pulls into shape, rather like a jacket hood.
- Anti-snag Zip - To prevent the 2-way zip from snagging either the zip baffle or the bag edges, an "anti-snag strip" of webbing is sewn in behind the zip. (All zipped bags.)
- Liner Fastening and Hanging Tabs - Inner tabs are provided to keep a loose liner in position, corresponding in position with the tabs we provide on our liners. External tabs allow you to easily hang the bag for airing and drying.
- Circle Foot - Tapering the bag to a circle foot creates the "mummy" shape which is easy to warm and minimises the weight of material used.
- Zip Baffle - Hard to see in the picture, but a zip baffle runs the full length of the bag, behind the zip,to prevent heat escaping through the zip area.
- Re-inforced Foot - Sleep with your boots on!
- Zip Together - Buy a left and a right hand to make a double (please check when ordering)
- Made in the UK - This product is uk made start to finish at our factory in West Yorkshire, England.
- Compression Stuff Sack - Comes complete with a compression stuff sack, to make the bag smaller when not in use.
- Wider bag (extra) - Can be used with the Snugpak Exanda Panel to make a wider sleeping bag for more comfrot.
- Extra Length - This sleeping bag can be make extra long, please ask for more details.
- Construction - Single profiled sleeping bag with one layer of softie insulation.
- Sleeping Bag Type - Mummy shaped
- Zip Type - Full length side zip, in either left or right hand.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||£101.95|
- Zip Style: Full Length Two Way Zip
- Shape: Mummy
- Temp Rating: Comfort: 0°c
- Temp Rating: Extreme: -5°c
- Weight: 1200g (inc. compression stuff sack)
- Packsize(Fully Compressed): 18x19cm
Snugpak are based in a listed mill built in the 1800's on the edge of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. They are very proud to be one of the last manufacturers of quality sleeping bags and insulated clothing not only in the UK but across Europe.
As Snugpak continue to develop their products to face the toughest of challenges,their Code Green range has evolved as a result of the high demands made by the military and armed forces for efficient, reliable equipment. Available in a wide range of colours to suit all hostile terrains their range of sleeping bags,clothing, rucksacks and accessories have been manufactured using the strongest most durable fabrics, and are lightweight yet highly compressible to give the best value, longevity and performance. Tried and tested on all continents and in many conflicts the Code Green range from Snugpak® is recognised as a Military brand leader.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)